Dr. Florian Mack DDS, Dr Med Dent, Dr Med Dent Habil, Specialist Prosthodontist (GER)
As a registered Prosthodontist in Australia, Dr. Florian Mack’s special fields of clinical interest are Telescopic Crowned Partial Dentures, Implant Crowns, All-on-4 Implant Dentures, Full Dentures, Dentures, Aesthetic Dentistry, Occlusal (Bite) Reconstruction and management of TMJ Disorders.
Dr. Florian Mack is a registered Specialist Prosthodontist in Australia. In 2006 he accepted a position as Professor in Prosthodontics at the Griffith University Dental School on the Gold Coast. During this time he has run a private practice within the Dental School.
From June 2016 he will join the team at Your Dental Specialist as a full time private practitioner in his specialty of Prosthodontics.
‘Full Occlusal Therapy’ can be defined as sequential treatment using:
- A “Fully Protective Occlusal Splint” with a minimum of 4 splint adjustments
- Major and fine tune occlusal equilibration or adjustment appointments (spot grinding to balance hinge bite)
- Bio-designing molar or anterior guidance (building up canine teeth to create protective left and right bites) and
- Concurrent targeted “Full Counselling” of occluso-mandibular habits to prevent further TMJ damage
Dr. Mack gained his initial experience in the management of TMJ Disorders in a TMJ Clinic in 1993-1995 under the supervision of Professor Goetz Siebert at University of Berlin
In Australia, Dr. Michael Darveniza developed the ‘Full Occlusal Therapy’ philosophy and clinical regime in 1984.
Dr. Mack practices this successful methodology in the management of TMJ Disorders and patients with occlusal (bite) disorders and has been personally tutored by Dr Michael Darveniza in the finer details of ‘Full Occlusal Therapy’ since 2014.
Dr. Florian Mack – Prosthodontist
- Dr. Mack received his dental degree in 1992 from the University of Berlin in Germany
- He then worked at University of Berlin from 1993 – 1995 and also part time private practice in 1993 and 1994
- In 1995 he accepted the position of Assistant Professor at the University of Greifswald in Germany
- In 2000 he completed his specialty degree in Prosthodontics in Greifswald
- Florian and his family moved to the Gold Coast in 2006 where he accepted the head position of Professor in Prosthodontics at Griffith University
- He has completed three research degrees by thesis in 1993, 2000 and 2007
- His research interests include ‘tongue dysfunction’, bio-compatibility of dental materials and laser welding
- Dr. Mack has published over fifty papers and is asked to review international dental journals
- He is a member of many professional associations and has lectured nationally and internationally