Dr Florian Mack Talks About Immediate Dentures
What Are Immediate Dentures?
An immediate denture is a complete denture or partial denture made out of dental acrylic. Usually the denture will be inserted on the same day, immediately following the removal of natural teeth.
What are the advantages of an immediate denture?
- You will never need to appear in public without teeth.
- For the dental specialist and dental laboratory it is also easier to duplicate the shape, color and arrangement of your natural teeth while some are still present in your mouth.
- When an immediate denture is inserted at the time of extraction, it will act as a Band-Aid to protect the tissues and reduce bleeding.
- An immediate denture will allow you to establish your speech patterns early. You will not have to learn to speak without a denture in place and then later relearn to speak with a new denture.
- An immediate denture will also allow you to chew (something that is difficult without any teeth) and it will minimise facial distortion that may occur when teeth are removed.
- An immediate denture will support your jaw joint, your facial muscles and your teeth. This will minimise jaw pain.